It’s the highlight of the Scenic Rim’s Eat Local Week season. The Winter Harvest festival is the finale of a powerful week of collaboration and celebration of Australian local farming produce and Brisbane’s world heritage listed backyard!
More than 70 market stalls selling everything from local vegetables to eggs, cheese, olives, relishes, jams, honey, camel milk products, carrot ice-cream, beer and wine will feature at the Aratula Community Sports Complex along with celebrity chef cooking demonstrations, food-themed Fashions on the Field, live music, loads of kids rides and adventures (Hay Maze, Kalfresh Carrot Central, face painting and free kids corner activities) and of course, the world famous Kalbar and District Bendigo Community Bank Tractor Pulling competition!!
WINTER HARVEST FESTIVAL – FAST FACTS
Saturday 6 July 2019 at the Aratula Community Sports Complex
10am to 4pm – Click below for tickets
Free entry for kids under 12
Free souvenir shopping bags for the first 1000 people
Free water top-ups thanks to Queensland Water Utilities
Cash / EFTPOS event
- FASHION – for the first time the Winter Harvest Festival will feature Fashions on the Field! Entrants should come dressed in food-inspired outfits, with a nod to Scenic Rim local food and produce.
- Local beef, pork and lamb, including locally raised beef from The Butcher Co, Running Creek Beef & Fassifern Valley Foods.
- FIVE ice-cream & gelato vendors – Ungermann Brothers, Lemon Lovers Gelato, Summer Land Camel Farm’s gelato, Moffatt Fresh Produce carrot ice-cream and Naughty Little Kids goat’s milk gelato.
- CHEESE made from sheep, camel, goat and cow’s milk, from Summer Land Camel Farm, Towri Sheep Cheese, Naughty Little Kids and Pure Artisan Cheese.
- Valley Pride Produce, Moffatt Fresh Produce and Peak Veggie Patch all selling fresh, locally picked fruit and vegetables.
- The famous Kalbar and District Bendigo Community Bank Tractor Pulling competition
- Sample Scenic Rim craft beers from Scenic Rim Brewery (including their brand-new beer the Beauy & Blue Spiced Pumpkin Ale), Fortitude Brewery and 4Hearts Brewing drops including the famous Wabbit Saison Carrot Beer.
- Local musicians Ross Weber and Dilly performing live all day
- Celebrity cooking demonstrations with Ben Ungermann (Master Chef 2017 runner-up), Ash Martin (Spicers Hidden Vale), Glen Barratt (Wild Canary) and Richard Ousby, hosted by Queensland’s leading food authority and Scenic Rim Regional Food Ambassador Alison Alexander
- Face painting and activities for the kids
- WINES from O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyards, The Overflow Estate 1895, Sarabah Estate Winery and Witches Falls Winery.
- Fresh CARROT JUICE from Moffatt Fresh Produce!
- 2m8’s BBQ & VUE Events will be selling smoked meats, including brisket, pulled pork, pork ribs plus plenty of authentic local flavours. There’ll even be a vegetarian option – pulled jackfruit!
- Delicious Scandinavian sweets and pastries from local food artisan Flemming Jakobsen at the Nordic Cuisine food truck.
- Woodfired pizzas, topped with local Scenic Rim ingredients.
- Arthur Clive’s Bakery Café’s cakes, slices, pies and bread.
- Native bush ingredients grown on Tamborine Mountain by Wilde Foods.
- A range of gluten-free and vegetarian food options will also be on offer.