This month marks the third year since the 450 room, full service resort opened, it was the most significant enhancement to Graceland since it opened to the public in 1982 and was the largest hotel construction project in Memphis in over 90 years!
The world-class resort, just steps away from Elvis Presley’s iconic mansion, includes 20 luxury suites, two full-service restaurants, expansive meeting and special events space for conventions, meetings, weddings and gatherings for 1350 people, a 464-seat theatre for live performances and movies, an expansive outdoor pool and a manicured lawn space with capabilities for a 400-person tent for special outdoor events.
Take a tour in this special pictorial, exploring one of the world’s most iconic tour destinations…
5 Reasons to visit Graceland:
- Concerts at the Graceland Soundstage – It’s a regular stop for touring artists both in and out of Memphis because of its rich history. This year’s acts so far have included The Oak Ridge Boys, Hot Tuna, Little Steven & The Disciples of Soul, Dream Theater, Switchfoot, Justin Hayward and Melissa Etheridge
- I-40: The Music Highway – The 222-mile (357km) section of Interstate highway 40 which runs between Memphis and Nashville is often referred to as the Music Highway,
- Priscilla Presley’s Elegant Southern Style Weekend – is a weekend when Priscilla Presley assembles a lineup of designers, event planners and lifestyle experts giving insight to Southern culture. Seminars, workshops, parties and a tour of Graceland mansion, and the exhibition complexes filled with Elvis’ personal memorabilia.
- PB&J Nightcap? – The complimentary Peanut Butter & Jelly Station offers chef-made PB&J sandwiches between 10-11pm. It’s not uncommon to attract long queues. Cold milk, hot cocoa, bananas and other goodies are offered as well.
- A Century of the American Motorcycle – If you love motorcycles as much as Elvis did, the current exhibit at the new Graceland Exhibition Centre runs until 3 November
Aesthetics and Accolades:
Its design is inspired by Elvis’ iconic home, every aspect of The Guest House at Graceland reflects Elvis’ personal style and the unique character of Graceland, from the southern colonial exterior to themed specialty suites, many with designs supervised by Priscilla Presley. The Guest House at Graceland features spacious rooms and a range of elegant and contemporary facilities, including two full-service restaurants, expansive meeting and special events space, a large outdoor pool and a 464-seat theatre for live performances and movies.
In 2015, Graceland was named the world’s “Best Musical Attraction” and “Best Historic Southern Attraction” in the USA Today’s 10 Best Reader’s Choice Awards and in 2013, voted the #1 “Iconic American Attraction” in the same poll.
It immediately won the AAA Four Diamond Award rating, a prestigious and respected distinction in the global travel industry. Lodgings that are awarded the rating are defined by their refined and stylish design and décor, with upscale physical attributes, and they offer a high degree of hospitality, service and attention to detail.
Resorts and hotels undergo rigorous evaluations from AAA’s professional inspectors, and must meet specific criteria to earn the award. The exclusive Four Diamond group represents just 6% of the nearly 28,000 AAA/CAA Approved and Diamond Rated hotels.
Four types of suits are on offer ranging from one-bedroom, two-bedroom and open plan configurations. Each with their own character and amenities of Las Vegas inspired decor, plush fabrics, glitzy metallic accents, custom designed headboards, vintage touches and contemporary twists.
Do you have to be an Elvis fan?
Graceland partnered with Live Nation earlier this year to bring music’s hottest acts to its newly expanded campus. Graceland Live features two venues: The Soundstage at Graceland (located within Elvis Presley’s Memphis) can accommodate up to 2,000 guests and boasts two giant screens offering great visibility throughout the venue.
Graceland Live concerts cover a wide variety of music genres including Melissa Etheridge, Boz Scaggs, Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo, Why Don’t We, Kirk Franklin, Brian Setzer’s Rockabilly Riot, Violent Femmes and X, George Thorogood and more.
“We produce events that attract all kinds of guests to Graceland. For Elvis fans, it’s a magical place to visit to be closely connected to the greatest entertainer of our time. Graceland will always be sacred to them for that reason. For people who may attend one of our events that is not necessarily Elvis related, it’s an opportunity to introduce someone new to the incredible legacy of The King. And, without fail, they leave Graceland as new Elvis fans,” said Joel Weinshanker, Managing Partner of Graceland Holdings, LLC.