- 250-300g bucatini piccoli, homemade or store bought, cooked
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. anchovy paste
- 1 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- Stock or reserved pasta water
- 150g kingfish, sashimi grade, cut into small cubes
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- Sea salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Dehydrated tomato or paprika, ground
Heat EVVO in a fry pan over medium heat, add garlic and chilli, fry off for 1-2 minutes before adding anchovy paste and a little bit of stock or reserved water the pasta was cooked in, the starch will help to thicken the sauce.
Bring to a gentle simmer until slightly thickened, adding extra stock/water if needed.
Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss through the sauce before seasoning to taste and add parsley before taking off the heat.
In a separate bowl, mix the kingfish with 1-2 tsp. EVOO, ½ tsp. lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
Serve the pasta with the kingfish on top or gently tossed through, season to taste and finish with a sprinkle of dehydrated tomato or paprika.