These are so delicious and easy to prepare. You just fry up a few ingredients, squish them into the up turned mushrooms and bang them in the oven. Change the stuffing mix to suit your tastes and what ever food you have on hand.
- 1/8 cabbage; finely sliced
- 1 capsicum (I used red)
- 3 zucchinis; grated
- 1/4 cup rice crumbs (to help bind the ingredients)
- 1/4 Parmesan cheese; grated or your choice of cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (or nutritional yeast), optional
- 6-8 large flattish mushrooms (usually called
- Portobello, Portabella or crimini mushrooms)
- 8 extra, small mushrooms, chopped finely
(use the mushroom stalks also, do not waste them, they are full of flavour)
Thyme, Parsley, Pepper (add as much or as little herbs as you wish)
- 4 tablespoons Yummee Gluten Free LSA
- A tablespoon of coconut aminos or pomegranate molasses (optional)
- 1/2-1 grated organic apple, skin on
- Preheat oven to 180degrees C.
- Put a fry pan on medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Fry the extra chopped mushrooms.
- When the moisture has gone from the mushrooms and they are darker in colour remove them from the heat and put into a large glass bowl.
- Add cabbage to the fry pan and when it has wilted slightly add to the mushrooms in the bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Place the large mushrooms onto an oven tray drizzled with a little olive oil.
- Fill with the stuffing. Don’t worry if some spills onto the tray- extra crunch!!!
- Cook in the preheated oven for 30-60minutes or until your house smells delicious and they are golden and bubbly.
- Serve with green leafy salad. Store any left overs in a glass container in the fridge.
- Stuff the mushrooms!!!