This place is just what Fortitude Valley needed. A 115 year old heritage setting that brings back to life the age old art of darts! A digital version, so you don’t need to worry about messing up those manicures with chalk and you can just enjoy the local produce, beer and wine that’s going to be the core focus of this place. The menu makes a clear statement refusing to be boxed in to a type of cuisine but instead incoporates modern Oz, mediterranean and asian influences that will pair up well with the comprehensive wine selection and beers. Fried School Prawns in Tom Yum dust, The smorgasboard of Tacos features wagyu tartare with roasted chilli, confit onion and huitlacoche, pan seared Queensland scallop, guacamole and lime, Thai chicken, kaffir lime and coconut cream and a vegetarian option of smoked eggplant, labne and mint. The roasted broccoli is combined with chilli oil, anchovy and lemon cream.
A welcome addition if you’re planning that last minute Christmas party, it’s a large space with a unique vibe and awesome staff. Here’s ten reasons why:
- Be the first. Pride yourself and your business on being Number 1? This year while your mates are ho-ho-humming through the same old Christmas Party, you’ll be one of the first to experience the incredible Oche Fortitude Valley. #BornLeader
- Size doesn’t matter. Small business with a team of 10, or corporation with a staff of 300+? Large or small, Oche Fortitude Valley has you covered with individual booths, combined booths, Cocktail Terrace and even larger function spaces. Did someone say, Bullseye!
- No tinsel required. At Oche Fortitude Valley, festive season styling is sorted as the bar is at home within the heritage brick walls of the beautiful 115-year-old Flour Mill Building in Constance Street. With this much cool history, there’s no need for theming. #tinselfree
- Play Around. Put down your phone and step up to the Oche (that’s the line that you stand behind in the game of darts!). It’s the most perfect social experience – play, sip, taste, talk and along the way, you’ll get to know your colleagues in an entirely different way. You may even like them!
- Location, Location, Location. Oche is in the heart of Fortitude Valley, within (dart) throwing distance of trains, buses, taxis, scooters and ride share services. If you live out of town, make a night of it and book accommodation at one of the nearby hotels.
- The dynamic duo of local produce! What do you get when you combine the mind-altering culinary vision of Brisbane’s famous flavour whisperer and former Head Chef of Gerard’s Bistro, Ben Williamson (now our food consultant), with the brilliance of Head Chef Tom Swapp (Billykart, E’cco, Spirit House) …. only one of the most finely crafted leisure menus around! You are welcome.
- Play with your food… we actually mean it! With the menu starring dishes like Popcorn Bekka Chicken, Chilli-Peanut Chicken Buns, Salt-Blocked Cobia, Fried School Prawns in Tom Yum Dust and pizzas that’ll blow your mind, you are going to HAVE to play with your food! That’s another bullseye!
- It’s payback time. Been hanging on to that work-related grudge all year? Now is the time to battle it out. Don’t be scared to go super competitive (stop just short of Hunger Games though!). And yes, we keep score!
- Cheers! Let’s talk about festive beverages. Our cocktails pay tribute to Brisbane, and sit beside the cracking beer, wine and gin list. Our Seasonal Bar shines the light on different brew masters, wine maker and distiller each month (in December it will be home to Green Beacon). And yes, we have magnificent mocktails!
- Guilt-free partying. Oche is Brisbane’s first ‘environmentally considerate venue’ – there is no cutlery, minimal coverings of the beautiful brickwork, local produce and brews are given precedence, waste is carefully disposed of, sustainability across operations is a priority and of course the menus more than cater for vegans and vegetarians. So, you can party (almost) completely guilt free!
Check out the Opening Night action below:
View this post on Instagram
"Hit me with your best shot" says @nanda_brissie who takes us on an inside tour of Fortitude Valley's newest venue @oche.fortitude.valley who have "picked up one of the oldest bar sports and thrown it head first into the 21st century". From the kitchen of @cheftswapp to the focus of local brews being showcased (thanks for the cocktails @louismilne75 ). . . Managing Director, Dafydd Evans describes Oche as a "renaissance of the analogue social experience where the phone is no longer the centre of the universe and instead real-life experiences are given the priority they have long been denied. We want Oche customers to talk, play, taste, sip, laugh and connect, to engage in an age-old game that’s modernised, supported by a cool checklist of experiences – cocktails, local brews, food to suit, chill tunes, a venue that could tell a thousand tales, and the opportunity to get a little competitive!” . . Now Open, Oche creates the first “environmentally considerate venue” – with no cutlery at, minimal coverings of the beautiful brickwork, waste is carefully disposed of, sustainability across operations is a priority and the menus cater for all food preferences. . . Thanks to @ dani_westport and the team at @ kathrose for the invitation! .
ALSO NEW IN BRISBANE (Toombul UPSTAIRS):
View this post on Instagram
Archie Brothers opened up at Toombul Shopping Centre’s new entertainment and dining precinct. Upstairs arcade games galore, theme park adventures, trippy virtual reality experiences, bowling and dodgems, not to mention the insane cocktails and rip-snorter of a menu. There’s literally enough bells and whistles to keep you occupied for days (and nights). . . Thanks for a great night @ archiebrothersce . . #archiebrothersce #archiebrotherselectriccircus #dindinsvideo #brisbaneanyday