The NEUTROGENA Skin360™ app combines advanced skin imaging, behavior coaching and artificial intelligence to empower consumers with actionable, personalized steps to help achieve their skin health goals.
By taking a selfie, the skin analysis algorithm:
- Analyzes more than 100,000 skin pixels over 2,000 facial attributes.
- Developed using more than 10,000 facial databases across ethnicities, skin types and ages (from 7-70 years old) with greater than 10 types of lighting.
- With more than 2.5 million possible product recommendations, virtually no two routines are exactly the same.
“The next generation of skincare must be tailored to individual needs, concerns and goals as consumers crave a holistic view of factors impacting their skin and they want expert guidance on how to achieve their best skin ever,” said Kerry Sullivan, Vice President and General Manager of NEUTROGENA® at Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health. “The NEUTROGENA Skin360™ app helps bridge the gap in knowledgeable, personalized, science-based skincare and supports users in sticking to a routine that helps deliver their personal skin health goals.”
At the heart of the app is the NEUTROGENA® AI Assistant (NAIA™), a virtual skin health coach. Powered by artificial intelligence and behavior change techniques NAIA™ builds a relationship with users by initiating a text conversation to determine their skincare personality, approach to skincare and current routine. NAIA™ then helps users identify an 8-week skincare goal that is monitored and supported with behavioral coaching.
In shifting away from a physical tool, the 180-degree selfie analysis is now powered by Perfect Corp’s YouCam technology, which provides a lightning fast analysis for a broad range of skin parameters (wrinkles, fine lines, dark under-eye circles, dark spots and smoothness). The skin analysis boosted with the extensive NEUTROGENA® skincare experience and the individual’s sleep, exercise and stress levels is what creates a unique Skin360 Score. Users can also input a self-assessment of important attributes such as moisture, clarity, tone and radiance.
An 8-week personalized skincare routine will be recommended based on an individual’s Skin360 Score and their specific skincare goals.
This custom advice will include:
- Specific morning and evening routines
- Relevant tips and content to help users build a healthy habit and stick to it
- Coaching, with behavior change techniques, to overcome barriers and challenges
- Science-backed content on areas of interest and concern for each user
Over time, as Skin360 scores change, the user can learn what’s working, or not, and adjust routines accordingly.
The launch of the NEUTROGENA Skin360™ app sets the foundation for a pipeline of hyper-personalized and customized products such as NEUTROGENA MaskiD™, a patent pending, personalized 3D-printed sheet mask that will launch later this year and will be available exclusively through the app.