Cool technology innovations that continually evolves the way people manage their homes is not only fun but interesting as we move more and more to depending on our devices to do the thinking for us.
This completely eradicates those annoying trips back home for that housemate who’s locked themselves out of the house.
BenjiLock By Hampton® are the first connected deadbolts, a new line of exterior deadbolts that use your fingerprint as a key.
As houses get smarter so do our beds. The Sleep Number Climate360™ smart bed literally monitors your sleep and adjusts throughout the night, warming and cooling each side, designed to work with a sleeper’s natural sleep cycles. The smart bed literally creates a personalized and responsive microclimate that has automatic firmness adjustability based on individual needs and preferences as the bed collects data as you toss and turn each night contouring itself to your body shape and ideal spinal alignment.
Quantum dot television
Microscopic molecules that emit their own colours of light is the premise for high definition colour reproduction and power efficiency when switching to a QLED screen. While Samsung leads the way, they’re probably a few stages a way from the mark still but win when it comes to larger sized screens which can be up to a third the cost of what you would pay for an LCD.
Letting the fridge plan your cooking, shopping lists and farming
Whisk is the world’s smartest food platform that connects recipes and products to shopping and cooking. Leveraging artificial intelligence and deep learning, the ViewInside AI-powered camera asseses what’s in your fridge through image recognition. It then recommends a curated feed of recipes that incorporate the ingredients you already have with your preferences, desires and situational needs.
LG innovates fridge functionality with its new indoor gardening appliancebringing farming indoors. Utilising flexible modules, the appliance replicates optimal outdoor conditions by precisely matching the temperature inside the insulated cabinet with the time of day. LED lights, forced air circulation, and wick-based water management allow seeds to transform quickly into ingredients for delicious recipes and dishes. The advanced gardening system is capable of holding up to 24 all-in-one seed packages1, enough for a family of four to enjoy the health benefits and culinary advantages of cooking with home-grown produce.
Baby monitors with camera surveillance
Lumi uniquely combines a smart HD video monitor with an activity sensor and brings the information together in an easy-to-use app, so parents have a real-time holistic view of their baby’s sleep, feeding and diapering patterns, all in one place – 24/7.
Lumi goes beyond the marriage of video monitoring and automated baby tracking, transforming that data into unique, tangible insights and actionable tips to coach new parents as their baby develops and grows. As an exclusive partner of The Wonder Weeks® (leading baby development experts) Lumi also offers parents direct access to the 10 mental development leaps and even more personalized insights specific to their baby’s unique development journey.
People use the bathroom 6-7 times a day, and spend on average 156 hours a year on the toilet. Yet, in a world that’s ever-evolving with new technology, the bathroom is basically the same as it was 100 years ago. That is, until now. Charmin’s vision for a better bathroom experienceextends into the future to address top potty pain points everyone can relate to:
- RollBot – RollBot is a first-of-its-kind robot that, when controlled with a smartphone using Bluetooth, delivers a fresh roll of Charmin to you so you won’t have to be left in a bind ever again. Its futuristic design uses self-balancing technology to give it a more bear-morphous look.
- SmellSense – An electronic sensor monitoring system that lets you plan ahead and check how the bathroom smells without having to experience it yourself. It is calibrated to detect carbon dioxide or hydrogen sulfide found in a *toot* or *two*. SmellSense notifies you via a GO/NO GO display on the status of the stench and when it’s safe to go in.
- V.I.Pee – A premium porta-potty experience enhanced with Oculus Rift S VR that will transport a GOer missing out on any moment – whether it be an event or concert – to the front row so you never miss a beat while on the seat. You can pick up right where you left off before the call of nature rolled in, with the bathroom being the best seat in the house.
Home alarms with drones:
The Sunflower Home Awareness System pairs always-on motion and vibration sensors with AI processing to provide privacy and peace-of-mind to homeowners while dramatically minimising false alarms. It consists of three components: Sunflowers, Bee and Hive:
- The Sunflowers: Each Sunflower, disguised as garden lights, houses an array of motion and vibration sensors to constantly monitor activity on the property. Sunflowers are capable of detecting and differentiating people, animals and cars as well as displaying the activity on a map in real-time.
- The Bee: A lightweight, fully-autonomous drone that navigates safely to observe activity on your property. The Bee has advanced features, such as automatic deployment, fully autonomous flight, ultrasonic collision-avoidance sensors, high-precision differential GPS and live streaming video.
- The Hive: This sleek, weatherproof housing and charging station not only keeps the Bee safe and powered up, it’s also the brains of the entire system with AI data processing and analysis enabled by an embedded system.
If the system senses anything out of the ordinary, it sends an alert to the property owner’s mobile device. In seconds, the owner can choose to launch an autonomous drone flight and view real-time aerial footage of the property via the Sunflower Labs app from anywhere in the world.
The future is now!
View this post on Instagram
The Uber Elevate team is working toward transforming the world through aerial ridesharing at scale. Imagine soaring above congested ground traffic. With Uber Air, this future is closer than you think. #melbourneairport #sydneyairport #perthairport #virginvelocity #qantasfrequentflyer #uberaustralia #uberairtaxi #uberair #vicroads
DINING | RECIPES | FILM | TV | MUSIC | THEATRE | FASHION | HEALTH & FITNESS | TECHNOLOGY | FAMILY & KIDS ENTERTAINMENT | TRAVEL | MOTORING | RESEARCH | PEOPLE & BUSINESS IN THE COMMUNITY | SOCIAL SCENE & EVENTS