Wine delivery service Different Drop released the wine consumption habits of Sydneysiders during isolation. It seems whilst we’ve all been self-isolating, not only are we drinking more wine, Sydney’s suburbs all have very different tastes.
Sydney’s Eastern suburbs are proving to be the biggest spenders on wine, spending an average of 23% more per bottle than other parts of the city. The Eastern suburbs are enjoying vast amounts of Autumn red wines with Pinot Noir and Shiraz topping their tipple of choice, followed closely by Riesling.
Meanwhile, North Shore residents are loving their Chardonnay right now, ordering a massive 56% more the rest of the city! Furthermore, the North Shore is also enjoying the big reds, with locals purchasing 30% more Shiraz and 35% more Cabernet Sauviognon than the East and Inner West, reflective of a more traditional palette.
The Inner West of Sydney are also ordering more lighter reds as over 20% of all wine purchased was Pinot Noir or Pinot/Gamay – a trend that would have been unheard of 10 years ago. As usual, Sydney’s Inner West continues to be ahead of the curb on the latest wine trends. The Inner West is also drinking the most natural wines compared to other suburbs.
In these challenging times, Different Drop has also noticed that people are really spoiling themselves with some higher end wines while they are confined to their home. Who can blame them? Arguably this is a re-allocation of finances where people have cancelled their holidays, aren’t spending money on dining out, therefore are now looking to find smaller luxuries that they can treat themselves to at home. Whilst that holiday to France may be off the cards for this year, they can still order some gorgeous French wines.
Different Drop are also seeing a large spike in mixed pack sales as people opt for a selection as well as more unusual wines. It seems Sydneysiders are looking to explore and try new things they would normally try in a bar or restaurant.
Different Drop delivers Australia wide and the next business day, offering fast and easy delivery of some of the most unique wines Australia and the world has to offer.
Photography: Maven PR
Click below to read more reviews and news on (New articles daily)
- 3 Home Office DIY Home Office Skincare Tips
- European / American Spring Summer Hair & Makeup trends
- How taking a selfie analyses the condition of your skin
- Why we should switch from Project Runway to Netflix’s ‘Next in Fashion’
- 3 Innovations shaping at home Fitness technology
- Beauty Horoscopes for 2020
View this post on Instagram
Don't ever let anyone burst your bubble. 🍸🍸🍸 Repost @shakeandstiruk . . #bartenderlife #mixologist #bartenders #cocktails #booze #mixology #libations #коктейль #миксология #bars #cocktail #thirsty #drinkstagram #foodblog #bartender #artofdrinks #foodgasm #cocktailrecipes #flairbartending #barporn #lockdown #TheTrendyBarista #barman #cocktailbar #tipsybartender #bartenderlifestyle
- Self Isolation Entertainment:
Netflix | Amazon Prime |YouTube Originals | Apple TV Plus | Spotify Playlist
- Is it possible to get tested for Covid-19 at a private lab in Australia?
- The increase of cyber attacks as more people work from home
- The new Sydney Sofa Cellar Door delivery service
- The Laws of War and how governments are responding to Covid-19
- The Genetic quest to understand Covid-19
- Can your landlord kick you out during a pandemic?
- FREE meals delivered to Brisbane Teachers in goodwill gesture for end of term
- Health Updates for Prepaid phone users that are FREE
- General Health Articles