Any licensed venue in Australia, whether they’re regional or metro, and regardless if they’re a Bundaberg Rum or a Diageo stockist, can apply for support through the ‘Raising the Bar’ initiative that will fund a two-year programme rolling out from next month.
‘Raising the Bar’ will directly support jobs, recovery, and innovation in the Australian hospitality industry. Pre-COVID-19 Australian pubs, bars and clubs reportedly employed more than 500,000 Australians and contributed $17.2 billion in revenue.
‘Our hospitality industry sits at the heart of our community and Australian culture.” said Angus McPherson, Managing Director at Bundaberg Rum’s parent company Diageo Australia, “The joy of being able to connect with friends and family down at the ‘local’ has been sorely missed throughout this pandemic, while the economic impact on the industry has been unprecedented. Many in the hospitality industry are small businesses that employ thousands across the country and as we start to recover and rebuild, Bundaberg Rum wants to stand by their side and support them in getting back on their feet just like any Australian would do for a mate.’”
Both Government and industry have come out in support of the fund and how it will help this critical industry that accounts for 8% of Australian jobs, get back on its feet. Registration of interest for access to funding opened this week (see link below) which also opens industry owners and workers to best practice training, resources and be able to participate in global surveys to share insights, as they build back their businesses.
This announcement is part of a broader commitment by Diageo to invest US$100 million globally in ‘Raising the Bar’ programmes that will support venues as they recover from the impact of COVID-19.
The impact of COVID-19 on the hospitality sector has been widespread, with the closure of venues the world over. As governments begin to ease lockdown measures, the public want to come together again to connect with their community and socialise safely. Through the establishment of ‘Raising the Bar’, Bundaberg Rum and Diageo aims to help any licensed venue anywhere in Australia open its doors again and welcome back their patrons.
Videography: Paul J Avery Outdoors
Click below to read more reviews and news on (New articles daily):
- Netflix | Amazon Prime |YouTube Originals | Apple TV Plus | Spotify Playlist
- Tips to keep motivated while working remotely
- Sport’s Australia’s guide for grass root sport organisations
- How a pandemic altered democracy
- The downside of social distancing
- FREE ACCESS to all Andrew Lloyd Weber productions – new shows released every week and available for 48 hours
- Scenic Rim (QLD) Farm Boxes: Fresh produce delivered to your door
- Aussie Farmer’s Director – Buy straight from our farmers and find out who is delivering in your area
- Is it possible to get tested for Covid-19 at a private lab in Australia?
- The increase of cyber attacks as more people work from home
- 3 DIY Home Office Skincare tips
- The new Sydney Sofa Cellar Door delivery service
- The Laws of War and how governments are responding to Covid-19
- The Genetic quest to understand Covid-19
- Can your landlord kick you out during a pandemic?
- FREE meals delivered to Brisbane Teachers in goodwill gesture for end of term
- Health Updates for Prepaid phone users that are FREE
- Second Simulus Package Breakdown: Australia
- General Health Articles
NETFLIX MYLIST | AMAZON PRIME | YOUTUBE ORIGINALS | DINING | RECIPES | MUSIC |INDEPENDENT MUSICIANS | FILM | TV | THEATRE | FASHION | HEALTH & FITNESS | TECHNOLOGY | FAMILY & KIDS ENTERTAINMENT | TRAVEL | MOTORING | RESEARCH | PEOPLE & BUSINESS IN THE COMMUNITY | SOCIAL SCENE & EVENTS | SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
INTERVIEWS & PODCASTS