Are you a musician? Come join our Songwriters Lounge
Southfield Michifan most celebrated DJ, songwriter and producer, GRiZ (aka Grant Richard Kwiecinski) recently dropped his latest track, ‘Tie-Dye Sky’ just in time for Pride month! This proud mover and shaker is usually all about the future funk and retro soul, again tearing up the soundwaves with his latest power charged anthem as he takes us back to the pinnacle of dubstep.
“To me this track is like staring up at the sky and watching it explode into a kaleidoscope of colors.”
The new single follows a stempede of hits this year including ‘Astro Funk’, ‘Bring Me Back’ with
Elohim, ‘Ease Your Mind’ with Ganja White Night, and ‘Vibe Check’ refracting sound into electrifying frequences of conceptual story soundscapes where sound is refracted into mind-numbing frequencies.
The hype about what’s next for GRiZ builds with each release in addition to a series of massive multi-
night show announcements. Two of the shows, ‘Another World’ and ‘Space Camp’, sold out within
hours of on-sale.
Press play to listen to one of our favorite classic Griz sets:
‘Tie-Dye Sky’ showcases GRiZ’s 2021 mission to release the music he loves and play it for diehard fans
in his favorite places. Stay tuned for more surprises to come.
Add these Griz Tracks to your playlist:
Songwriters Lounge will be compiling
a top 10 selection of the month featuring local artists, bands and other independent performers. Please send your bios and links to firstname.lastname@example.org for conideration
Previous Music articles:
- 25 years of Hard Rock Cafe, Surfers Paradise
- 7 Bangin’ tracks by indie artists across Australia
- Gigaton: Pearl Jam’s New Album
- Nirvana: Smells like teen spirit hits 1 billion views on YouTube
- Listen Up Songwriter’s Festival: The Melbourne Round
- Drewboy (MAFS): Healing the pain through melody
- Aviici: Tim – The Final Album
- Rufus du Sol – Vivid Sydney
- Music Hoarders – Showcasing unsigned, unheard artists – Free EP
- Powderfinger celebrated in Sounds of Australia
Cover Image: Edward Eyer / Pexels