As the city awakens from lockdown slumber, 2022 promises the regal re-emergence of the exclusive pop-up mystery dining experience, Le Dîner en Blanc marking it’s ninth edition. Known for its mandatory dress code, an ocean of white will descend on a secret location, disclosed just moments before the event opens to crowds. Registrations are almost impossible with the guest list predominantly operating on referrals until recent times.
“This chic and elegant affair seems perfect to encourage people to shop local and bring to the event their neighbourhood delicacies. This year, the number of participants will be limited, so we strongly recommend registering early and not to wait until the last moment. ” said Antoine Bessis, host of Le Dîner en Blanc in Sydney.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited. As per Sydney’s alcohol licensing laws, guests cannot bring their own alcohol, nor is any beverage allowed to BYO. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must pre-order online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at the assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on-site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.