Beer lovers unite as the Craft Beer Festival in Carlton returns with a massive selection of over 120 craft brews that are unveiled and celebrated at GABS. A weekend when all beer enthusiasts and producers gather, share and experience new innovations of never before tasted craft beers!
In addition to Australia’s craft beer stars, and the highly anticipated start-up breweries, this year’s GABS welcomes back some international rockstars with California’s Sierra Nevada, the USA’s first billion dollar independent brewery and global sensation and Cloudwater from Manchester in the UK. Both these breweries will be pouring GABS exclusives and a range of their famous core beers.
Here’s a few reasons to get excited!
- DEEDS BREWING’S Peanut Butter Brownie Imperial Stout- Chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and roasty stout flavours
- COLDSTREAM BREWERY’S Cherry Fruited Braggot- A blend of a heavily cherry-fruited Saison, and a Braggot Brewed with local honey. Luscious and sweet with a dry finish, aromatic cherry and honey flavours and an unmistakable Saison spice.
- THE ZYTHOLOGIST’S Molecular Bubble tea – A decadent Milkshake IPA brewed with purple taro, milk sugar, brown sugar, tapioca, wheat and oats.
- LOCAL BREWING CO’S Don’t go baking my heart – Nitro cinnamon pastry stout.
- BAD SHEPHERD BREWING CO’S Barrel Aged Run Double Choc Brown Ale- Rich and decadent Double Choc Hazelnut Brown Ale with plenty of character.
- GOOD LAND BREWING CO: Bananarama Pina Colada, Sour – Fruit (ABV: 5.8%)- Banana Pina Colada is our super smoothie base with Banana, Marshmellow, Coconut & Pineapple. Contains Lactose
- BRIGHT BREWERY: Drinkin’ Donuts Imperial Jam Donut Golden Ale, Experimental Beer (ABV: 8%)- Is there anything more iconic than the Hot Jam Donut? Sugar, spice and all things nice – not to mention oozing with sweet raspberry jam. Bright Brewery’s Drinkin’ Donuts Imperial Jam Donut Golden Ale will transport you directly to beer drinkin’ heaven!
- KING RIVER BREWING: Sticke Coffee Kolsch, Kölsch (ABV: 7%): Cold brewed coffee on a double strength “Sticke” Kolsch. Deep golden, bready malt base with 100 litres of coffee from our local Coffee roaster.
- BLACKMANS BREWING Red frog, Raspberry dark lager, Lager – Dark (ABV: 5%)- A dark lager made with copious amounts of red frogs and Raspberries. Bags and bags of red frogs have been thrown into the fermenter along with a large amount of fresh raspberries. A crisp easy drinking beer with fruity Choc berry explosion of red frog delight!
- Frexi Brewing Pizza beer, Sour – Gose (ABV: 4.2%) Pizza 😀 – Tomato, oregano, basil, salt
WHEN: Friday 19th May to Sunday 21st May, 2023
WHERE: Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton