It’s the biggest bicycle riding festival of the city and starts this week with an extended program of events that will run over 3 months. “More than 20,000 people took part last year, and the expansion of our Sydney Rides program to three months will give families more opportunities to get outside, get active together and discover our city on two wheels.” said Lord Mayor Clover Moore on the festival’s eighth year.
Standouts this year including the annual scavanger hunt, speed dating, charity work and we also take a look book to rediscover the city’s past. Did you know it was illegal for women to ride bikes over a century ago???
Continue reading 9 ways to get in on the Sydney Rides Festival action: Scavanger Hunts, Speed dating & City exploration!
- Wine Dinner at Bar Zini with Tamburlaine Organic Wines | 21 September
- Wine Dinner at The Apprentice with SeeSaw Wines | 24 September
- Terminus Hotel – After Party with Printhe Wines | 29 September
- Wines from Orange region on show at the Pyrmont Point Hotel | 20 September to 6 October
- Wine Tastings from the Orange region at Porters Liquor Pyrmont | 20 September – 6 October
- Cooking Classes at the Sydney Seafood School, Sydney Fish Market | 22, 25, 28 September, 6 October
- Sunset Bar at Call Me Harris | 20, 27 September, 4 October (every Friday)
- TAP Gallery: Local Artists Showcase | 20 September – 6 October
WHAT: Pyrmont Festival
WHEN: Friday 20 September – Sunday 6 October, 2019
WHERE: Pirrama Park, Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, Sydney NSW 2009
Pyrmont locals welcome Spring with the annual festival of food and wine in a string of events bringing to the forefront Orange NSW’s cool-climate wines, Pyrmont’s dining landscape, gourmet artisans to the soundtrack of local entertainers, play and activity areas!
With so many events taking place now that the full program for the 17 day sping celebration has been announced, we’ll be presenting a four part series on some of the highlights this year leading up to the start of the festival!
Continue reading Pyrmont springs back to life with its annual Food & Wine Festival