Finally arriving in Brisbane, KURIOS is Cirque du Soleil’s newest thrilling production featuring world-class gymnasts, acrobats, contortionists, hand-puppeteers, yo-yo wizards, clowns, actors and musicians.
About the White and Grey Big Top and the Cirque du Soleil Village:
- The Big Top stands about 20 metres (56 feet) high and is 51 metres (164 feet) in diameter.
- It is supported by 4 steel masts that each stand at 24 metres (79 feet) high.
- More than 550 pegs are required to anchor the Big Top.
- The Big Top can accommodate more than 2,400 people.
- The entire site set-up includes installation of the entrance, hospitality and rehearsal tents, administrative offices, workshops, and kitchen.
- KURIOS – Cabinet of Curiosities travels city to city with more than 85 containers carrying the entire village.
It was great to join the Brisbane team and open up the year in events at this show. We were on the edge of our seats the entire time taken into a world of meshed science fiction and Victorian period with waves of psychadelic and repitilian costuming.
Such strength and syncronicity in the choreography demanding physical precision in mind blowing gravitational challenges and height.
View this post on Instagram
A show so big it's housed under a 56 foot big top that stretches 164 feet in diameter we needed the entire Brisbane team (@chriswalker_au and @nanda_brissie) to cover it! Opening night this past Friday, the Cirque du Soleil troupe exploded onto stage with its infusion of macabre air and entrancing acts aerialists, acronet, contortion, juggling and more! Have you read our interview with Brisbane local, Nathan Dennis who returns home with the production? Also Acronet performer Andrii Bondarenko gives us insight into what life's like behind the scenes. Check out the latest article. . . Thanks to @ kathrose and team for having us 😍😍😍
Upcoming Tour Dates:
Experience KURIOS like a VIP:
The ultimate Cirque du Soleil experience with the best seats and access to the intimate VIP suite one hour before the show and at intermission, including wines, hors d’oeuvres, take-home souvenirs and free parking.
VIP EXPERIENCE TICKET PRICE: From $325
Coming Soon to Brisbane:
Superheroes and Super villains of the Marvel Universe together on stage for one explosive action packed extravaganza!
Click below to read more reviews and news on (New articles daily):
DINING | RECIPES | FILM | TV | MUSIC | THEATRE | FASHION | HEALTH & FITNESS | TECHNOLOGY | FAMILY & KIDS ENTERTAINMENT | TRAVEL | MOTORING | RESEARCH | PEOPLE & BUSINESS IN THE COMMUNITY | SOCIAL SCENE & EVENTS
INTERVIEWS & PODCASTS