To cure self-isolation blues, Simply Cocktails provides video tutorials and virtual mini masterclasses on their Facebook Page, so cocktail lovers can shake and stir their favourite tipple in the comfort and safety of their own home.
Previously, a mini masterclass was hosted on Simply Cocktails’ Facebook Live with Australia’s Scotch Whisky Brand Ambassador of the Year (2019), Mark Hickey teaching visitors how to create a Cointreau Fizz.
For those looking to take the team virtual drinks to a whole other level, jump on the House Party app to the team while you all stream the mini masterclass on Facebook from your computers, allowing you can see how your colleagues’ cocktail making skills fare with hot tips from some of Australia’s leading mixologists.
This series of live mini masterclasses will take place every Tuesday and Friday until the 30th of June.
Previous guests included Danilo Migliorini, mixology maven from Eau De Vie Sydney, will teach you how to shake up the ultimate Tia Maria Espresso ‘Quarantini’.
Luke Hanzlieick showed us how to make a Chartreuse Green Chaud – a soothing winter warmer drink for those cool autumn nights. Andy Buntine, former manager at Katuk in Melbourne inspired with an incredibly decadent Mozart Choc-tails.
Followed by a ‘Tom Collins’ workshop by ambassador Josh O’Brien on Tuesday 14th April featuring The Botanist Gin, the perfect 5pm drink for after work.
In addition to the live mini masterclasses, the team behind Simply Cocktails will recruit 100 Australian bartenders from around the country, that are currently out of work due to the current lockdown restrictions, to submit their cocktail tutorial videos.
That’s one cocktail per weekday for 100 days! So whether your missing the famous Disaronno Sour at Charlie Parker by Sara Rinaldo or the Porn Star Martinis by Storm Evans at The Baxter Inn, it’s time to ensure your liquor cabinet is well-stocked with a diverse selection of premium spirits from Cointreau to The Botanist Gin, or Sierra Tequila to The Macallan Whisky.
With the devastating impact of COVID-19 on the hospitality industry closing bars across the nation and leading to 689,800 people already out of work and no doubt many more to lose their jobs, the team behind the Simply Cocktails Facebook Page has stepped in to offer a helping hand to some of our local bartenders who have recently lost their jobs with a new virtual cocktail workshop initiative.
All ingredients for the Simply Cocktails Home Five O’Clock-tails are available instore and online from Dan Murphy’s, BWS, Liquorland, online retailers, Boozebud, HelloDrinks and hundreds of independent liquor retailers.
- Tuesday 5th May: Josh O’Brien, Highball
- Friday 8th May: Andy Buntine, Hot Toddy
- Tuesday 12th May: Mark Hickey, Copa
- Friday 15th May: Luke Hanzlicek, Chaud
- Tuesday 19th May: Mark Hickey, Fiorente Spritz
- Tuesday 25th May: Mark Hickey, Gin & Tonic
- Friday 29th May: Andy Buntine, St Remy Mule
- Tuesday 2nd June: Mark Hickey, Naked Sour
- Friday 5th June: Josh Obrien, V & T
- Tuesday 9th June: Andy Buntine, Licor 43 Smoothie
- Friday 12th June: Josh O’Brien, Metaxa Spritz
- Tuesday 16th June: Andy Buntine, Irish Coffee
- Friday 19th June: Andy Buntine, Boilermaker
- Tuesday 22nd June: Mark Hickey, Opal Mule
- Friday 26th June: Josh O’Brien, Peated highball
- Tuesday 30th June: Josh O’Brien, Old Fashioned
- Self Isolation Entertainment:
Netflix | Amazon Prime |YouTube Originals | Apple TV Plus | Spotify Playlist
- The downside of social distancing
- FREE ACCESS to all Andrew Lloyd Weber productions – new shows released every week and available for 48 hours
- Scenic Rim (QLD) Farm Boxes: Fresh produce delivered to your door
- Aussie Farmer’s Director – Buy straight from our farmers and find out who is delivering in your area
- Is it possible to get tested for Covid-19 at a private lab in Australia?
- The increase of cyber attacks as more people work from home
- 3 DIY Home Office Skincare tips
- The new Sydney Sofa Cellar Door delivery service
- The Laws of War and how governments are responding to Covid-19
- The Genetic quest to understand Covid-19
- Can your landlord kick you out during a pandemic?
- FREE meals delivered to Brisbane Teachers in goodwill gesture for end of term
- Health Updates for Prepaid phone users that are FREE
- Second Simulus Package Breakdown: Australia
- General Health Articles
View this post on Instagram
Taters gonna tate…. Pffft! Right @food_tempta? Multiple tater recipes at FT . .. . . . #quarantinecooking #food #foodie #foodlife #foodporn #foodies #foodislife #foodpics #foodlover #foodism #foodprep #foodblogger #foodblog #foodstagram #foodisfuel #foodgasm #fooddiary #deliciousfood #amazingfood #yummyfood #foodtemptation #proteinfood #igfood #foodstyle #foodaddict #familydinner #foodvideo #food #recipe #homecooking
NETFLIX MYLIST | AMAZON PRIME | YOUTUBE ORIGINALS | DINING | RECIPES | MUSIC |INDEPENDENT MUSICIANS | FILM | TV | THEATRE | FASHION | HEALTH & FITNESS | TECHNOLOGY | FAMILY & KIDS ENTERTAINMENT | TRAVEL | MOTORING | RESEARCH | PEOPLE & BUSINESS IN THE COMMUNITY | SOCIAL SCENE & EVENTS | SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
INTERVIEWS & PODCASTS