London Fashion Week, Friday 15th – Tuesday 19th February, will showcase over 100 businesses leading in creativity and innovation with visitors from 49 countries. It ignites a city-wide celebration of the creative industries serving as an intersection of fashion, music, art, design and tech with London, one of the most multicultural, vibrant and diverse cities, as a backdrop. From exhibitions to in-store activation, digital engagement and events throughout the month of February, all the below activities and events are open to the public.
This season the British Fashion Council are putting a focus on a move towards more sustainable practices and their Positive Fashion initiative through a partnership with BBC Earth and designer Amy Powney of Mother of Pearl. The collaboration will explore the impact fashion industry has on the planet while highlighting the positive tangible opportunity for sustainable fashion choices by businesses and mindful consumer behaviour.
Partner stories in numbers:
- 32,000 miles driven between shows by a luxurious fleet of fuel-efficient chauffeured Mercedes-Benz cars
- 20,000 cups of espresso served and 200kg of Lavazza coffee consumed
- There were 3,000 cocktails consumed in May Fair Bar between 14-18th September 2018.
- 17,000 Larabars sampled onsite
- 9,000 cans of new NIVEA Black & White Invisible Silky Smooth deodorant sampled
- 7,014 products used by TONI&GUY and label.m backstage
- 4,000 Festival Tote Bags and Pouches will be produced by Bags of EthicsTM which have been made with ethically sourced cotton, non-toxic inks in an award-winning factory in Pondicherry, South India in which 90% of the workforce are women. The bag can be reused 5,000 times.
- 3000 copies of the ES Magazine Fashion Edition handed out at LFW
- 1000+ The GelBottle Inc nail tips to be used to create nail designs for Shrimps, Ashish and Ashley Williams.